1. Shop name(s) and link(s): The Inspired Lens and AshleyNicolleDesign
2. What do you sell on Etsy and why? I sell photographs and handmade, upcycled items such as purses and coasters.
3. What do you think is the best part of selling on Etsy? The best part of selling on Etsy would have to be sellers. I have found so many creative and orginal gifts. I am a huge fan of supporting the individual rather than huge corporate companies.
4. Which is your favorite item in your shop right now? I would have to say this photograph. It reminds me of summer and happiness.
5. What is your most popular item (or category)? Is there anything that you think doesn't get the attention it deserves? My jam, definitely the jam. It has been sold out for quit a while now. I prefer to use fresh picked berries so it's a seasonal thing for me.
6. What is the hardest part about selling on Etsy? Generating traffic is definitely make or break for an Etsy shop. I started using my blog as a way to showcase my Etsy goods. There are highs and lows but giving up is not an option.
7. What has been your best marketing tool or the best way to drive traffic to your shop? Giveaways, blogging, social media, and pinterest have to be tops for me.
8. What are your biggest strengths and weaknesses as a small business owner/ Etsy seller? My strengths are unfortunately in person sales. I do have a business background but I've noticed that my selling strategies pertain to person to person sales which then leads right into my weakness of online selling.
9. What is one piece of advice you have for new sellers or for people who are thinking of setting up shop? Go for it. It's an amazing creative outlet and there is a 50/50 chance of success and failure. You owe it to yourself to give it a try if it is something you are passionate about.
10. Provide any other links (social media, etc.) so that we can find you in cyberspace: Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and Bloglovin'!
Host of the link up: a box of paint. Copy and paste the survey into your own blog and link up over at a box of paint to read and share your answers!